Visiting Key West in January
Enjoy January deals, Tips, weather, events and more
January in Key West
While the rest of the country braces itself for a smattering of snow and windswept days, January brings glorious sunshine to the Florida Keys with average highs of 75°F, making this a perfect month for a winter escape. There is an exciting line-up of major events during January in Key West, from the Key West Literary Seminar and Florida Keys Seafood Festival, to the Quantum Key West Race Week, Key West Classic Regatta, and the Key West Food and Wine Festival. Two Federal holidays in the month also create the ideal opportunity to leave the office and enjoy a long weekend in paradise.
Call 855-318-2766 or book online
Key West Weather in January
In the winter months, cold fronts can bring frost to mainland Florida, but you can rest assured there will be no frost here in Key West. The all-time record low for Key West is 41° F (5° C) set in 1981. During these winter months, it rarely rains so you will typically enjoy sunny skies and warm, but pleasant temperatures. It's not uncommon to see periodic temps in the low 80s in January. Don't miss the majestic Florida Keys sunset at 5:50 p.m. during this time of year.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|75° F (24° C)||65° F (18° C)||69° F (21° C)||2 inches (5.1cm)||5:50 p.m.|
Key West- What to Wear in January
Our clothing style throughout the year is "Keys Casual" and most restaurants do not require a dress code. Pack your summer gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, and shorts, but keep in mind that a cold front could sweep through at any time so it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your wardrobe when needed. Don't forget a light jacket or blazer and jeans for a night out, along with warmer shoes for the evenings. It is still wise to bring sun screen on your trip and a hat for sunny beach days. Although it can get cold in January, you can also be surprised with temperatures in the low 80s. Nights can be chilly in January but be prepared for glorious sun shining days!
Major January Events and Holidays
In January, embrace a long weekend for the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday or escape winter's grip and unwind with some of our best events of the year!
January Federal Holidays and Important Travel Dates in 2018
- January 1: New Year's Day
- January 15: Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
Top Key West Events in January
- January TBC, 2018: Annual Key West Literary Seminar
- January TBC, 2018: Florida Keys Seafood Festival
- January TBC, 2018: Quantum Race Week
- January TBC, 2018: Key West Half Marathon
- January TBC, 2018: Key West Food and Wine Festival
- View all January 2018 Events
Book Now: January Offers
- Luxury Value Dates: Book Early and Save on Off-peak Dates
- Florida Residents Save More in Key West!
- Suite Paradise Treats Package: Up to $250 for Dining
- Auto Club and AARP Key West Discounts
- Sunset Cruise Package: Get 1 Cruise Free
- Kayak or Paddleboard Aqua Fit Package: Save 50%
- Save $75 on WaveRunner Tour Package