Visiting Key West in April
April Tips, Weather, Events, Deals and More
April in Key West
The week after Easter in Key West is a popular time to visit the island so it can be a very busy period. From mid-April, the island slows down and couples descend to enjoy a relaxing, romantic retreat in a laid back atmosphere.
During April, families can make the most of time out from school with a Key West family Spring Break vacation. Due to our minimum guest booking age of 25, Parrot Key is not a spring break destination for college students so you can rest easy knowing there won't be a noisy party atmosphere for your family. Our resort is nestled in a tropical oasis, away from the noise of Duval Street but with easy transportation to nearby Smathers Beach thanks to our complimentary shuttle service. You can also discover exciting onsite and offsite Key West watersports activities, with "Super Discounts" for our guests - check out our specials page for Key West resort deals. Families can enjoy a splash-about in one of our four sparkling swimming pools, having fun on our sandy terraces and sprawling out on our spacious accommodations. View the top reasons why families love Parrot Key Resort
Call 855-318-2766 or book online
Key West Weather
April is a majestic month to visit Key West. With an average high temperature of 82° F, guests take advantage of our complimentary beach shuttle service and flock to Smathers Beach. February, March and April have the lowest average rainfall of the year so expect sunny skies, warm temperatures and an occasional cool breeze.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|82° F (28° C)||72° F (22° C)||79° F (26° C)||1.8 inches (4.6cm)||7:45 p.m.|
What to Wear in April
Our clothing style throughout the year is "Keys Casual" and most restaurants do not require a dress code. Pack your summer gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, shorts and a light shirt, but keep in mind that evenings can still be occasionally cool in April so it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your wardrobe when needed. April can see higher temperatures than advertised so also bring light, cool clothing. Don't forget your sunglasses, aloe or after sun cream, sun screen and a hat to protect you against UV rays. For your convenience, a Walgreens store is located adjacent to Parrot Key Resort if you need to top-up on any warm weather essentials.
Major April Events and Holidays in 2018
In April, enjoy a long weekend for Easter, a family spring break escape, or simply indulge in a relaxing retreat.
April Federal Holidays and Important Travel Dates
- Early to Mid-April: Family Spring Break Holidays
Top Key West Events in April
- April TBC, 2018: NAS Key West Southernmost Air Spectacular
- April TBC, 2018: Annual Harry S. Truman Legacy Symposium
- April TBC, 2018: Conch Independence Celebration
- April TBC, 2018: Final Sail
- April TBC, 2018: Key West Paddleboard Classic
- View all April 2018 Events
Book Now: April Packages and Offers
- Up to $250 for Dining: Book a suite or villa and receive $50/night for dining at Cafe Blue
- Stay 5 Nights and Save More: Stay a minimum of five nights and save more on your visit at our waterview Key West resort
- Early Bird Deals: Save more when booking in advance at our Key West hotel
- Watersports Offers + Packages: Enjoy "super discounts" on family watersports activities