Visiting Key West in September
September Tips, Weather, Events and Deals
September Key West Vacations
September is about more than Labor Day—it's a great time to catch a deal after the busy summer vacation season when the island starts to quiet down. Of course Labor Day makes for a fantastic long weekend, but if you're trying to save more, you can find great deals on off peak travel periods by visiting Key West in September. During Labor Day, discover our exciting watersports package which takes you on a 28-mile tour around the island.
Or take a break in September and celebrate romance at one of the top three romantic resorts in Key West (according to TripAdvisor). Our romance package includes complimentary breakfast and a bottle of wine. Seniors also love to relax and unwind in September when children are back in school. Try our senior offer which is available in September and throughout the year.
Call 855-318-2766 to speak with our onsite vacation planners today and start planning Fall vacations to Florida Keys.
Key West Weather in September
As the summer heat starts to cool down across the United States, Key West has an average high temperature of 88° F (31° C). Luckily Key West doesn't have any super-highways or urban sprawl to radiate the sun's heat. Not only that, but our islands are surrounded by cooling ocean waters. Sunset Wise Floridians from the mainland flock to the Keys on steamy weekends because the air is usually a few degrees cooler here. The water temperature might be in the mid-80s (30° C) but the sea is nevertheless refreshing for swimming, snorkeling or diving. Afternoon thunderstorms are common in September but the rain rarely sticks around long enough to spoil an entire day.
You might be wondering about the Atlantic hurricane season, which can affect the Atlantic and Gulf coasts of the United States as well as the Caribbean and the Bahamas. The official hurricane season begins June 1st and ends on November 30. Traditionally, the highest potential for storms is between Aug. 15 and Oct. 15. However, the daily weather during this period tends to be some of the most beautiful of the year. Parrot Key Resort offers a hurricane clause to protect our guests during this period so please inquire within our call center. No named hurricanes or tropical storms affected the Florida Keys in 2013.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|88° F (31° C)||79° F (26° C)||86° F (30° C)||5.9 inches (14.9cm)||7:45p.m.|
What to Wear in September
Pack your summer gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, shorts and a light shirt, but it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your wardrobe when needed. If you go boating for example, bring a light jacket. September sees high temperatures so make sure to bring light, cool clothing. Don't forget your sunglasses, aloe or after sun cream, sun screen and a hat to protect you against UV rays. For your convenience, a Walgreens store is located adjacent to Parrot Key Resort if you forget any warm weather essentials.
Major September Events and Holidays
In September, enjoy a long weekend for the Labor Day holiday, enjoy senior discounts or a romantic escape.
September Federal Holidays and Important Travel Dates
- September 1: Labor Day
Top Key West Events in September
- August 28-September 1, 2014: Key West Brewfest
- September 4-7, 2014: Womenfest
- September 5-7, 2014: Robert James S.L.A.M. Celebrity Tournament
- September 15-21, 2014: Phil Peterson's Key West Poker Run
Book Now: September Packages and Offers
- WaveRunner Package for Two: Book a suite at Parrot Key Resort and you can discover Key West by water with a thrilling WaveRunner tour, 28 miles around the island!
- Key West Senior Discount: Enjoy AARP savings on your Key West vacation.
- Parrot Key Romance Package: Rekindle romance with our spacious suites, free poolside breakfast, a complimentary bottle of red wine and chocolate covered strawberries.
- Tropical Weekday Retreat: Save up to 10% when staying Sunday through Thursday nights at our Key West hotel.
- Suite Paradise Treats Package: Book a suite or villa and receive up to $250 for food and drinks at our poolside cafe.
- Stay 3 Nights and Save More: Stay a minimum of three nights and save up to 10% off your visit at our luxury waterfront Key West resort.