Visiting Key West in October
October Tips, Weather, Events and Deals
October in Key West
October in Key West is known worldwide for the island's biggest event of the year—Fantasy Fest—but you can also enjoy a tranquil Columbus Day weekend escape. October is also a great time to catch a deal as the island is quiet after children have gone back to school.
Celebrate romance in October at one of the top three romantic hotels in Key West (according to TripAdvisor). Our romance package includes complimentary breakfast and a bottle of wine. Seniors also love to relax and unwind in September when children are back in school. Try our senior offer which is available in September and throughout the year.
Call 855-318-2766 to speak with our onsite vacation planners today
Key West Weather in October
October cools down a little with an average high temperature of 84° F. You will still find sun bathers at beaches and pools with mostly sunny days and diminishing chances of rain as we move into the fall months. October is a more tranquil month to visit Key West (with the exception of Fantasy Fest week) and the weather is usually glorious. The official hurricane season ends on November 30 but active storm activity usually dies down by October 15th. No named hurricanes or tropical storms affected the Florida Keys in 2013. Parrot Key Resort offers a hurricane clause to protect our guests during this period so please inquire within our call center.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|84° F (29° C)||76° F (24° C)||82° F (28° C)||4.4 inches (11.2cm)||7:13p.m.|
What to Wear in October
Our clothing style throughout the year is "Keys Casual" and most restaurants do not require a dress code. Pack your warm weather gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, shorts and a light shirt, but keep in mind that a cold front could sweep through at any time so it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your wardrobe when needed. If you go boating for example, bring a light jacket. October can still see very warm temperatures so don't forget your sunglasses, sun screen and a hat to protect you against UV rays. For your convenience, a Walgreens store is located adjacent to Parrot Key Resort if you forget any essentials.
Major October Events and Holidays
In October, enjoy a long weekend for Columbus Day or join us for Halloween fun, Fantasy Fest and enjoy some of Key West's best events of the year!
United States Federal Holidays in October 2014
- October 13: Columbus Day
Top Key West Events in October
- October 9-13, 2014: Somo Marathon & Half Marathon
- October 15, 2014: Stone Crab Claw Season Begins
- October 17-18, 2014: Goombay Festival
- October 17-26, 2014: 35th Annual Fantasy Fest
Book Now: October Packages and Offers
- Fantasy Fest 2014 Package: Stay 4 nights at Parrot Key Resort during the week of Fantasy Fest and enjoy $50 per night for food and drinks at our poolside cafe.
- Key West Senior Discount: Enjoy AARP savings on your Key West vacation.
- Parrot Key Romance Package: Rekindle romance with our spacious suites, free poolside breakfast, a complimentary bottle of red wine and chocolate covered strawberries.
- Tropical Weekday Retreat: Save up to 10% when staying Sunday through Thursday nights at our Key West hotel.
- Stay 3 Nights and Save More: Stay a minimum of three nights and save up to 10% off your visit at our luxury waterfront Key West resort.