Visiting Key West in November
November Tips, Weather, Events and Deals
November in Key West
November offers two great travel periods to usher in a long weekend or a week long family vacation, as the weather starts to become chilly around the world. Veteran's Day takes place the second Monday in November, while Thanksgiving is also a great time to enjoy a family escape on the island. Or, if you're looking for a budget vacation, try our off peak periods in November where you can enjoy discounted rates, mainly on weekdays.
November 2nd through 9th, enjoy the Key West World Championship Races in which high-speed offshore powerboats race in Key West Harbor and surrounding waters to continue Key West's longstanding tradition in this annual challenge, known internationally as the Indianapolis 500 of powerboat racing. Other exciting November events include the Latin Arts Festival, Key West Film Festival, and Art! Key West.
Call 855-318-2766 to speak with our onsite vacation planners today
Key West Weather in November
In the fall, cold fronts can bring chilly weather to Key West but the average high temperature in November is 80° F! You will still find sun bathers at beaches and pools with mostly sunny days and diminishing chances of rain as we move into the fall months. November is a more tranquil month to visit Key West (with the exception of Thanksgiving week) and the weather is usually glorious. The official hurricane season ends on November 30th. Parrot Key Resort offers a hurricane clause to protect our guests so please inquire within our call center. No named hurricanes or tropical storms affected the Florida Keys in 2013.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|80° F (27° C)||71° F (22° C)||76° F (24° C)||2.9 inches (7.4cm)||5:47p.m.|
What to Wear in November
Our clothing style throughout the year is "Keys Casual" and most restaurants do not require a dress code. Pack your summer gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, shorts and a warm shirt, but keep in mind that a cold front could sweep through at any time so it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your ensemble when needed. Don't forget a light jacket or blazer and jeans for a night out, along with warmer shoes for the evenings. Nights can be chilly in November but be prepared for glorious sun shining days!
Major November Events and Holidays
In November, enjoy a long weekend for Veterans' Day and Thanksgiving or catch a deal on offpeak periods.
November Federal Holidays in November 2014
- November 11: Veterans' Day
- November 27: Thanksgiving
Top Key West Events in November
- November 2-9, 2014: Key West World Championship Race
- November 7-10, 2014: Third Annual Key West International Latin Arts Festival
- November 12-16, 2014: Third Annual Key West Film Festival
Book Now: November Packages and Offers
- Key West Senior Discount: Enjoy AARP savings on your Key West vacation.
- Parrot Key Romance Package: Rekindle romance with our spacious suites, free poolside breakfast, a complimentary bottle of red wine and chocolate covered strawberries.
- Tropical Weekday Retreat: Save up to 10% when staying Sunday through Thursday nights at our Key West hotel.
- Suite Paradise Treats Package: Book a suite or villa and receive up to $250 for food and drinks at our poolside cafe.
- Stay 3 Nights and Save More: Stay a minimum of three nights and save up to 10% off your visit at our luxury waterfront Key West resort.