Visiting Key West in November
November Tips, Weather, Events and Deals
Visiting Key West In November
While the rest of the northern hemisphere braces itself for the start of a long, cold winter, November in the Florida Keys offers two great travel periods to usher in a long weekend or a week-long family vacation. Veteran's Day takes place November 11th, creating the perfect opportunity to enjoy an extended weekend break, and Thanksgiving is an ideal time for families to celebrate together under the warmth of a Florida Keys sunshine. If it's a budget vacation you are after, look out for our discounted rates during off peak periods in November which offer fantastic savings, particularly on weekdays.
A number of events in November create an exciting atmosphere on the island, including the Key West World Championship Races which sees high-speed offshore powerboats race in Key West Harbor and surrounding waters. Key West has a longstanding tradition in this annual challenge, which is known internationally as the Indianapolis 500 of powerboat racing. Other exciting November events include the Key West Film Festival, and Art! Key West.
Call 855-318-2766 or book online
Key West Weather in November
In the autumn, cold fronts can bring chilly weather to Key West but the average high temperature in November is 80° F! You will still find sun bathers at beaches and pools with mostly sunny days and diminishing chances of rain as we move into the fall months. November is a more tranquil month to visit Key West (with the exception of Thanksgiving week) and the weather is usually glorious. The official hurricane season ends on November 30th. Parrot Key Resort offers a hurricane clause to protect our guests so please inquire within our call center. No named hurricanes or tropical storms affected the Florida Keys in 2013 and 2014.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|80° F (27° C)||71° F (22° C)||76° F (24° C)||2.9 inches (7.4cm)||5:47p.m.|
What to Wear in November
Our clothing style throughout the year is "Keys Casual" and most restaurants do not require a dress code. Pack your summer gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, shorts and a warm shirt, but keep in mind that a cold front could sweep through at any time so it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your ensemble when needed. Don't forget a light jacket or blazer and jeans for a night out, along with warmer shoes for the evenings. Nights can be chilly in November but be prepared for glorious sun shining days!
Major November Events and Holidays
In November, enjoy a long weekend for Veterans Day and Thanksgiving or catch a deal on offpeak periods.
November Federal Holidays in November 2017
- November 10: Veterans Day
- November 23: Thanksgiving
Top Key West Events in November
- November 1-5, 2017: Parrot Heads in Key West
- November 5-12, 2017: Key West World Championship Race
- November TBC, 2017: Annual Key West Film Festival
- November TBC, 2017: International Sand Sculpting Competition
- View all November 2017 events
Book Now: November Packages and Offers
- Key West Senior Discount: Enjoy AARP savings on your Key West vacation.
- Tropical Weekday Retreat: Save when staying Sunday through Thursday nights at our Key West hotel.
- Suite Paradise Treats Package: Book a suite or villa and receive up to $250 for food and drinks at our poolside cafe.
- Stay 3 Nights and Save More: Stay a minimum of three nights and save more on your visit at our luxury waterview Key West resort.