Visiting Key West in May
May Tips, Weather, Events and Deals
May in Key West
Make way for Mother's Day and Memorial Day in May! Our Mother's Day Package offers a great way to pamper mom throughout the month of May with complimentary breakfast, a discount on our luxurious suites, plus a free welcome drink. Or, enjoy Memorial Day in Key West and dive into an exciting long weekend with our Watersports Package. Enjoy a riveting WaveRunner tour around Key West for two. Aside from these great offers, May is the perfect month to soak up the Florida sunshine before the island heats up for summer. You can also discover other exciting onsite and offsite Key West watersports activities, with Key West resort deals and "Super Discounts" for our guests!
Call 855-318-2766 to speak with our onsite vacation planners today and plan an escape for Memorial Day in Key West.
Key West Weather in May
The island starts to warm up in May with an average high temperature of 85° F. At the peak of summer, the average high temperature is 89° F. Even when temperatures are high, Key West is fortunate not to have any super-highways or urban sprawl to radiate the sun's heat. Not only that, but our islands are surrounded by cooling ocean waters. By late May, the season's first thundershowers start popping up. Rarely do the storms stick around long enough to spoil an entire day.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|85° F (29° C)||76° F (24° C)||83° F (28° C)||3.5 inches (8.9cm)||7:58 p.m.|
What to Wear in May
Pack your summer gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, shorts and a light shirt, but it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your wardrobe when needed. If you go boating for example, bring a light jacket. May can see high temperatures so make sure to bring light, cool clothing for daytime activities. Don't forget your sunglasses, aloe, sun screen and a hat to protect you against UV rays. For your convenience, a Walgreens store is located adjacent to Parrot Key Resort if you forget any warm weather essentials.
Major May Events and Holidays
In May, enjoy a long weekend for Memorial Day or join us for a Mother's Day escape. Don't forget to try exciting events like the Key West Songwriter's Festival.
May Federal Holidays and Important Travel Dates in 2015
- May 10: Mother's Day (USA)
- May 25: Memorial Day
Top Key West Events in May
- May TBC, 2015: Key West Paddleboard Classic
- May TBC, 2015: Key West Songwriters' Festival
- May 16-17, 2015: Keys 100 UltraMarathon
- May TBC, 2015: Yamaha Dolphin Masters International
Book Now: May Packages and Offers in Key West
- 2014 Mother's Day Package: Throughout the month of May, moms can enjoy free breakfast, a discount on spacious suites, along with a complimentary welcome drink.
- Stay 3 Nights and Save More: Stay a minimum of three nights and save up to 10% off your visit at our luxury waterfront resort.
- Book in Advance and Save More: Save more when booking at least 7 days in advance at our Key West hotel. The earlier you book, the more you save!
- Tropical Weekday Retreat: Save up to 10% when staying Sunday through Thursday nights at our Key West hotel.