Visiting Key West in March
March Tips, Weather, Events, Deals and More
March in Key West
Spring into family fun this March with great options for family spring break escapes. Due to our minimum guest age of 25, Parrot Key is not a popular destination for college spring breaks, so families can rest easy knowing that Key West is a great destination for family spring break vacations. Try our Family Escape Package in March and unwind in a spacious two-bedroom suite or a three-bedroom villa, with a family movie, free pizza, and a Key West Vacation Pass.
Parrot Key is a Key West family resort nestled in a tropical oasis, away from the noise of Duval Street but we still offer easy transportation to beach fun with our complimentary Smathers Beach shuttle service. Families love our four tropical swimming pools and spacious accommodations. View the top reasons why families love Parrot Key Resort
Call 855-318-2766 to speak with our onsite vacation planners today
Key West Weather in March
Although the average high temperature in March is 79° F in Key West, the island can sometimes be surprised with a late seasonal cold front. But with an average low temperature of 69° F in March, chances are you will be sitting on a warm, sunny beach soaking up the glorious Florida Keys sunshine. Rain during this period is scarce, with the lowest rainfall averages of the year. March is largely a gorgeous month to visit Key West but also hugely desirable among visitors.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|79° F (26° C)||69° F (21° C)||75° F (24° C)||1.7 inches (4.3cm)||6:31 p.m.|
Key West- What to Wear in March
Our clothing style throughout the year is "Keys Casual" and most restaurants do not require a dress code. Pack your summer gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, shorts and a light shirt, but keep in mind that a late seasonal cold front could sweep through at any time so it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your wardrobe when needed. Don't forget a light jacket or blazer and jeans for a night out, in case you experience a chilly evening. Nights can be cooler in March but be prepared for glorious sun shining days! Don't forget the sun screen and a hat for sunny beach days.
Major March Events and Holidays
In March, join us in Key West for an exciting St. Patrick's Day celebration, a family spring break escape, or just discover romance at our romantic Key West hotel.
Important Travel Dates in March 2015
- Tuesday March 17: St. Patrick's Day
- Throughout March: Family Spring Break Holidays
Top Key West Events in March
- March 7, 2015: Conch Shell Blowing Contest
- March 13-14, 2015: Annual Key West House & Gardens Tour
- March 15, 2015: St. Patrick's Day Bar Stroll
- March TBC, 2015: Keystock Music Fest
- March TBC, 2015: Florida Keys Ocean Festival & Waterfront Craft Show
- March TBC, 2015: Annual Tuna Trot Race For The Reef
March Key West Packages and Offers
- Family Key West Package: Unwind with the family and enjoy a free movie, a large pizza and a Key West Vacation Pass when booking a suite or villa.
- Stay 5 Nights and Save More: Stay a minimum of five nights and save up to 10% off your visit at our waterfront Key West resort.
- Book in Advance and Save 10%: Save more when booking in advance at our Key West hotel. The earlier you book, the more you save!
- Canadian Welcome Package: Our Canadian friends love to visit Key West in March! Enjoy complimentary breakfast, plus two Bloody Caesar cocktails.