Visiting Key West in June
June Tips, Weather, Events and Deals
June Key West Vacations
There are so many reasons to celebrate in June! School's out for summer starting in June for many families in the United States so it's a great time to book a family escape and start planning June vacations to Florida Keys, before larger summer vacation crowds visit in July and August. Teachers can also celebrate the end of the school year with special educator discounts throughout the summer!
When visiting Key West in June, don't forget to celebrate dad with a Father's Day escape! Our Dad's Day Package will treat the father in your life to complimentary breakfast, a discount on spacious suites, and a WaveRunner tour for two. We'll even throw in a free welcome drink. If you're looking to celebrate romance, Parrot Key is one of the top three romantic resorts in Key West (according to TripAdvisor)!
Call 855-318-2766 to speak with our onsite vacation planners today
Key West Weather in June
June 21, 2014 marks the first day of summer with an average high temperature of 88° F. At the peak of summer, the average high is 89° F (32° C). Luckily Key West doesn't have any super-highways or urban sprawl to radiate the sun's heat. Not only that, our islands are surrounded by cooling ocean waters.
Sunset wise Floridians from the mainland, flock to Key West on steamy weekends because the air is usually a few degrees cooler here. The water temperature might be in the mid-80s (30° C) but the sea is nevertheless refreshing for swimming, snorkeling or diving. Afternoon thunderstorms are common in the summer months but the rain rarely sticks around long enough to spoil an entire day. Guests love to cool down with numerous watersports activities on the island.
You might be wondering about the Atlantic hurricane season, which can affect the Atlantic and Gulf coasts of the United States as well as the Caribbean and the Bahamas. The official hurricane season begins June 1st and ends on November 30. Traditionally, the highest potential for storms is between Aug. 15 and Oct. 15. We offer a hurricane clause to protect our guests from storms so please inquire within our call center. No named hurricanes or tropical storms affected the Florida Keys in 2013 and the weather tends to be mostly sunny during the day with periodic showers.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|88° F (31° C)||79° F (26° C)||86° F (30° C)||5.1 inches (12.9 cm)||8:15 p.m.|
Key West- What to Wear in June
Our clothing style throughout the year is "Keys Casual" and most restaurants do not require a dress code. Pack your summer gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, shorts and a light shirt, but it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your wardrobe when needed. If you go boating for example, bring a light jacket. June sees high temperatures so make sure to bring light, cool clothing. Don't forget your sunglasses, aloe or after sun cream, sun screen and a hat to protect you against UV rays. For your convenience, a Walgreens store is located adjacent to Parrot Key Resort if you forget any warm weather essentials.
Major June Events and Holidays
In June, enjoy a long weekend for Father's Day or just unwind in our tropical oasis of calm and ease.
June Important Travel Dates in 2015
- June 21, 2015: Father's Day
Top Key West Events in June
- June 18-21, 2015: Key West Africana Festival
- June TBC, 2015: Key West Pride
- June TBC, 2015: FKCC Swim Around Key West
- June 19-21, 2015: Key West Gator Club Dolphin Derby
Book Now: June Offers and Packages
- The Key to Father's Day Package: Treat dad to an unforgettable Key West adventure on both land and sea—including a WaveRunner exploration.
- Key West Family Escape Package: Unwind with the family and enjoy a free DVD movie, a large pizza and a Key West Vacation Pass when booking a suite or villa.
- WaveRunner Package for Two: Book a suite at Parrot Key Resort and you can discover Key West by water with a thrilling WaveRunner tour, 28 miles around the island!
- Heroes and Friends Discount: Enjoy our hotel discount by serving in the military, education system, health care, or community service industries.
- Suite Paradise Treats Package: Book a suite or villa and receive up to $250 for food and drinks at our poolside cafe.
- Stay 3 Nights and Save More: Stay a minimum of three nights and save up to 10% off your visit at our luxury waterfront Key West resort.
- Tropical Weekday Retreat: Save up to 10% when staying Sunday through Thursday nights at our Key West hotel.