Visiting Key West in July
Tips, Weather, Events and Deals
July Key West Vacations
July offers great options for family summer vacations in Key West or you can dive into Mini Lobster Season in late July. Of course the 4th of July is an obvious vacation date to choose, but you can also save more by traveling to our Key West, FL hotel during off peak periods in July. Try our Family Escape Package and unwind in a spacious two-bedroom suite or a three-bedroom villa, with free pizza, a family movie, and a Key West Vacation Pass. View our top reasons why families love Parrot Key Resort
Guests also love visiting Key West in July, as the Florida Keys mini lobster season kicks off and the coastal areas of Florida are flooded with lobster hunters trying to claim their share of lobster bounty. There are two Florida lobster seasons, the two-day mini season and the eight-month regular lobster season. This year in 2014, the mini season falls on July 30th and 31st. The regular eight-month lobster season is always August 6 through March 31. Nearby Garrison Bight Marina is a great place to set sail for Lobster Season.
Call 855-318-2766 to speak with our onsite vacation planners today.
Key West Weather in July
At the peak of summer, the average high is 89° F (32° C). Luckily Key West doesn't have any super-highways or urban sprawl to radiate the sun's heat. Not only that, but our islands are surrounded by cooling ocean waters. Sunset Wise Floridians from the mainland flock to the Keys on steamy weekends because the air is usually a few degrees cooler here. The water temperature might be in the mid-80s (30° C) but the sea is nevertheless refreshing for swimming, snorkeling or diving. Afternoon thunderstorms are common in the summer months but the rain rarely sticks around long enough to spoil an entire day.
You might be wondering about the Atlantic hurricane season, which can affect the Atlantic and Gulf coasts of the United States as well as the Caribbean and the Bahamas. The official hurricane season begins June 1st and ends on November 30. Traditionally, the highest potential for storms is between Aug. 15 and Oct. 15. However, the daily weather during this period tends to be some of the most beautiful of the year. Parrot Key Resort offers a hurricane clause to protect our guests so please inquire when dialing our call center. No named hurricanes or tropical storms affected the Florida Keys in 2013.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|89° F (32° C)||80° F (27° C)||87° F (31° C)||3.6 inches (9.1cm)||8:22p.m.|
What to Wear in July
Our clothing style throughout the year is "Keys Casual" and most restaurants do not require a dress code. Pack your summer gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, shorts and a light shirt, but it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your wardrobe when needed. If you go boating for example, bring a light jacket. July sees high temperatures so make sure to bring light, cool clothing. Don't forget your sunglasses, aloe or after sun cream, sun screen and a hat to protect you against UV rays. For your convenience, a Walgreens store is located adjacent to Parrot Key Resort if you forget any warm weather essentials.
Major July Events and Holidays
In July, enjoy a long weekend for Independence Day or exciting Key West activities like Mini Lobster Season!
United States Federal Holidays in July 2014
- July 4: Independence Day
Top Key West Events in July
- July (TBD): Hemingway Days
- July 10-13, 2014: Mel Fisher Days
- July 13-16, 2014: Del Brown Permit Tournament
- July 16-19, 2014: Drambuie Key West Marlin Tournament
- July 19, 2014: Hemingway 5k Sunset Run & Paddleboard Race
- July 30-31, 2014: Florida Keys Mini Lobster Season
Book Now: July Offers and Packages
- Key West Family Escape Package: Unwind with the family and enjoy a free DVD movie, a large pizza and a Key West Vacation Pass when booking a suite or villa.
- WaveRunner Package for Two: Book a suite at Parrot Key Resort and you can discover Key West by water with a thrilling WaveRunner tour, 28 miles around the island!
- Heroes and Friends Discount: Enjoy our hotel discount by serving in the US military, education system, health care, or community service industries.
- Suite Paradise Treats Package: Book a suite or villa and receive up to $250 for food and drinks at our poolside cafe.
- Stay 3 Nights and Save More: Stay a minimum of three nights and save up to 10% off your visit at our luxury waterfront Key West resort.
- Tropical Weekday Retreat: Save up to 10% when staying Sunday through Thursday nights at our Key West hotel.