Visiting Key West in January
Enjoy January deals, Tips, weather, events and more
January in Key West
January is a glorious time to visit Key West when you can soak up a lovely Florida Keys sunset and an island drink with warm, sunny temperatures! When much of the country is covered in snow, Key West enjoys average highs of 75° F. January also welcomes some of the best events of the year and two Federal holidays to embrace extra time away from the office. Major events in January include the Key West Literary Seminar, Florida Keys Seafood Festival, Key West Half Marathon, Quantum Key West Race Week, the Key West Classic Regatta, and the Key West Food and Wine Festival.
Call 855-318-2766 to speak with our onsite vacation planners today
Key West Weather in January
In the winter months, cold fronts can bring frost to mainland Florida, but you can be sure there will be no frost here in Key West. The all-time record low for Key West is 41° F (5° C) set in 1981. During these winter months, it rarely rains so guests typically enjoy sunny skies and warm, but pleasant temperatures. It's not uncommon to see periodic temps in the low 80s in January. Don't miss the majestic Florida Keys sunset at 5:50 p.m. during this time of year.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|75° F (24° C)||65° F (18° C)||69° F (21° C)||2 inches (5.1cm)||5:50 p.m.|
Key West- What to Wear in January
Our clothing style throughout the year is "Keys Casual" and most restaurants do not require a dress code. Pack your summer gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, and shorts, but keep in mind that a cold front could sweep through at any time so it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your wardrobe when needed. Don't forget a light jacket or blazer and jeans for a night out, along with warmer shoes for the evenings. It is still wise to bring sun screen on your trip and a hat for sunny beach days. Although it can get cold in January, you can also be surprised with temperatures in the low 80s. Nights can be chilly in January but be prepared for glorious sun shining days!
Major January Events and Holidays
In January, embrace a long weekend for the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday or escape winter's grip and unwind with our best events of the year!
January Federal Holidays and Important Travel Dates in 2015
- January 1: New Year's Day
- January 19: Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
Top Key West Events in January
- January 8-11, 2015: Annual Key West Literary Seminar
- January 17-18, 2015: Florida Keys Seafood Festival
- January 18-23, 2015: Quantum Race Week
- January 18, 2015: Key West Half Marathon
- January 24-27, 2015: Key West Food and Wine Festival
Book Now: January Offers and Packages
Even though Key West's peak travel season starts in late January, you can still catch a deal during off-peak times. Here are our best offers for January to suit your travel needs:
- Stay 5 Nights and Save More: Stay a minimum of five nights and save up to 10% off your visit at our luxury Key West resort.
- Book in Advance and Save: Save more when booking in advance at our Key West hotel. The earlier you book, the more you save!
- Canadian Welcome Package: Our Canadian friends love to visit Key West in January! Enjoy complimentary breakfast, plus two Bloody Caesar cocktails.