Visiting Key West in February
February Tips, Weather, Events and Deals
February in Key West
Whether or not Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow this Groundhog Day, you can count on February sunshine and mostly warm temperatures in Key West with an average high temperature of 75° F! February also welcomes a great long holiday weekend for President's Day and Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day falls on a Friday with President's Day the following Monday, so it's a great time to rekindle romance at one of the top 3 romantic resorts in Key West (according to TripAdvisor).
Don't forget to join us in February during great events, like the Ragnar Relay, Civil War Heritage Days, Old Island Days Festival, Annual Winter Star Party, and more. View our guide to visiting in February, below.
Call 855-318-2766 to speak with our onsite vacation planners today
Key West Weather in February
In the winter months, cold fronts can bring frost to mainland Florida, but you can be sure there will be no frost here in Key West this February. The all-time record low for Key West is 41° F (5° C) set in 1981. During these winter months, it rarely rains so guests typically enjoy sunny skies and warm, but pleasant temperatures. It's not uncommon to see periodic temperatures in the low 80s in February. Don't miss the majestic Florida Keys sunset at 6:16 p.m. during this time of year.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|75° F (24° C)||66° F (19° C)||70° F (21° C)||1.8 inches (4.6cm)||6:16 p.m.|
Key West- What to Wear in February
Our clothing style throughout the year is "Keys Casual" and most restaurants do not require a dress code. Pack your summer gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, and shorts, but keep in mind that a cold front could sweep through at any time so it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your wardrobe when needed. Don't forget a light jacket or blazer and jeans for a night out, along with warmer shoes for the evenings. It is still wise to bring sun screen on your trip and a hat for sunny beach days. Although it can get cold in February, you can also be surprised with temperatures in the low 80s, so plan accordingly. Nights can be chilly in February but be prepared for glorious sun shining days!
Major February Events and Holidays
In February, enjoy a long weekend for Presidents' Day and Valentine's Day or just escape the cold with excellent Key West events.
Federal Holidays and Important Travel Dates in February 2015
- Saturday, February 14: Valentine's Day
- Monday, February 16: Presidents' Day
Top Key West Events in February
- February 6-7, 2015: Ragnar Relay Florida Keys
- February 13-14, 2015: Annual Key West House & Garden Tour
- February TBC February, 2015: Garden Fest Key West and Beer Garden
- February 21-22, 2015: Annual Old Island Days Festival
- February 16-22, 2015: Annual Winter Star Party
Book Now: February Offers and Packages
Even though Key West's peak travel season starts in late January, you can still catch a deal during off-peak times in February. Here are our best offers for February to suit your travel needs:
- Parrot Key Romance Package: Rekindle romance with our spacious suites, free poolside breakfast, a complimentary bottle of red wine and chocolate covered strawberries.
- Stay 5 Nights and Save More: Stay a minimum of five nights and save up to 10% off your visit at our luxury Key West resort.
- Book in Advance and Save up to 15%: Save more when booking at least 7 days in advance at our Key West hotel. The earlier you book, the more you save!
- Canadian Welcome Package: Our Canadian friends love to visit Key West in February! Enjoy complimentary breakfast, plus two Bloody Caesar cocktails.