Visiting Key West in December
December Tips, Weather, Events and Deals
Why Visit in December
December ushers in the festive season when the island is buzzing with great, festive activities. The first half of the month is very quiet on the island and the perfect time to catch a deal. Key West then starts to get busier the second half of the month as the world goes in search of sand and sunshine for the Christmas and New Year season. The period between Christmas and New Year are very busy in Key West so it's important to book in advance.
The Florida Keys and Key West offer an array of festive fun during the holiday season. From holiday events, lighted boat parades, and more… Key West is just the place to enjoy the festive spirit. Parrot Key Resort will also get you in a jolly mood with our lighted Christmas tree and exterior festive light decorations.
Call 855-318-2766 to speak with our onsite vacation planners today
Key West Weather in December
It's getting chilly around the world, but you can expect warm temperatures here in Key West. In the winter months, cold fronts can bring frost to mainland Florida, but you can be sure there will be no frost here in Key West. The all-time record low for Key West is 41° F (5° C) set in 1981. During these winter months, it rarely rains so guests typically enjoy sunny skies and warm, but pleasant temperatures. It's not uncommon to see periodic temperatures in the low 80s in December, but the average high is 76° F. Don't miss a majestic Florida Keys sunset at around 5:38 p.m. in December.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|76° F (24° C)||67° F (21° C)||72° F (22° C)||2 inches (5.1cm)||5:38p.m.|
What to Wear in December
Our clothing style throughout the year is "Keys Casual" and most restaurants do not require a dress code. Pack your summer gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, and shorts, but keep in mind that a cold front could sweep through at any time so it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your wardrobe when needed. Don't forget a light jacket or blazer and jeans for a night out, along with warmer shoes for the evenings. It is still wise to bring sun screen on your trip and a hat for sunny beach days. Although it can get cold in December, you can also be surprised with temperatures in the low 80s. Nights can be chilly in December but be prepared for glorious sun shining days!
Major December Events and Holidays
In December, escape winter's bite and enjoy some of Key West's exciting holiday events.
United States Federal Holidays in December 2014
- December 25: Christmas Day
Top December Events in Key West
- Throughout December: Key West Holiday Fest
- December 4-7, 2014: TRIKW Swim-Bike-Run in Paradise
- December 31, 2014: New Year's Eve Show Drop Celebration
Book Now: December Packages and Offers
- Key West Senior Discount: Enjoy AARP savings on your Key West vacation.
- Parrot Key Romance Package: Rekindle romance with our spacious suites, free poolside breakfast, a complimentary bottle of red wine and chocolate covered strawberries.
- Tropical Weekday Retreat: Save up to 10% when staying Sunday through Thursday nights at our Key West hotel.
- Suite Paradise Treats Package: Book a suite or villa and receive up to $250 for food and drinks at our poolside cafe.
- Stay 3 Nights and Save More: Stay a minimum of three nights and save up to 10% off your visit at our luxury waterfront Key West resort.