Visiting Key West in August
Tips, Weather, Events and Deals
August Key West Vacations
Visiting Key West in August offers a variety of options for groups, couples and families! Try our Family Escape Package in August and unwind in a spacious two-bedroom suite or a three-bedroom villa, with free pizza and a family movie. Parrot Key Resort is nestled in a tropical oasis, away from the noise of Duval Street but we still offer easy transportation to the beach with our complimentary Smathers Beach shuttle service. Families love our four tropical swimming pools, friendly staff, and spacious accommodations just to name a few. You can also discover exciting onsite and offsite Key West watersports activities, with "Super Discounts" for our guests! View our top reasons why families love Parrot Key Resort
Don't forget to dive into Lobster Season in August and Garrison Bight Marina is a great place to set sail from, near Parrot Key Resort!
Call 855-318-2766 to speak with our onsite vacation planners today and start planning summer vacations to Key West.
Key West Weather in August
In August, the average high is 89° F (32° C). Luckily Key West doesn't have any super-highways or urban sprawl to radiate the sun's heat. Not only that, but our islands are surrounded by cooling ocean waters. Sunset Wise Floridians from the mainland flock to the Keys on steamy weekends because the air is usually a few degrees cooler here. The water temperature might be in the mid-80s (30° C) but the sea is nevertheless refreshing for swimming, snorkeling or diving. Afternoon thunderstorms are common in the summer months but the rain rarely sticks around long enough to spoil an entire day.
You might be wondering about the Atlantic hurricane season, which can affect the Atlantic and Gulf coasts of the United States as well as the Caribbean and the Bahamas. The official hurricane season begins June 1st and ends on November 30. Traditionally, the highest potential for storms is between Aug. 15 and Oct. 15. However, the daily weather during this period tends to be some of the most beautiful of the year. Parrot Key Resort offers a hurricane clause to protect our guests during this period so please inquire within our call center. No named hurricanes or tropical storms affected the Florida Keys in 2013.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|89° F (32° C) ||79° F (26° C) ||87° F (31° C) ||5 inches (12.7cm) ||8:11p.m. |
What to Wear in August
Our clothing style throughout the year is "Keys Casual" and most restaurants do not require a dress code. Pack your summer gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, shorts and a light shirt, but it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your wardrobe when needed. If you go boating for example, bring a light jacket. August sees high temperatures so make sure to bring light, cool clothing. Don't forget your sunglasses, aloe or after sun cream, sun screen and a hat to protect you against UV rays. For your convenience, a Walgreens store is located adjacent to Parrot Key Resort if you forget any warm weather essentials.
Major August Events and Holidays
In August, enjoy a long weekend for Labor Day or dive into lobster season!
Important Travel Dates
- August 29-September 1, 2014: Labor Day Weekend
Top Key West Events in August
Book Now: August Offers and Packages
- Key West Family Escape Package: Unwind with the family and enjoy a free DVD movie, a large pizza and a Key West Vacation Pass when booking a suite or villa.
- WaveRunner Package for Two: Book a suite at Parrot Key Resort and you can discover Key West by water with a thrilling WaveRunner tour, 28 miles around the island!
- Heroes and Friends Discount: Enjoy our hotel discount by serving in the US military, education system, health care, or community service industries.
- Suite Paradise Treats Package: Book a suite or villa and receive up to $250 for food and drinks at our poolside cafe.
- Stay 3 Nights and Save More: Stay a minimum of three nights and save up to 10% off your visit at our luxury waterfront Key West resort.
- Tropical Weekday Retreat: Save up to 10% when staying Sunday through Thursday nights at our Key West hotel.
Call 855-318-2766 to speak with our onsite vacation planners today