Visiting Key West in April
April Tips, Weather, Events, Deals and More
April in Key West
Easter in Key West is a great time to visit. In 2014, Easter takes place in late April so families can enjoy warm weather and sink into serenity during an Easter escape at Parrot Key Resort. Try our Family Escape Package in April and unwind in a spacious two-bedroom suite or a three-bedroom villa, with free pizza, a family movie, and a Key West Vacation Pass which includes two for one tickets and discounts for local family-friendly activities.
Families can also discover a Key West family Spring Break vacation with plenty to do while the kids are out of school. Due to our minimum guest age of 25, Parrot Key is not a popular spring break destination for college students. Families can therefore rest easy knowing that they won't be exposed to a party atmosphere. Our resort is nestled in a tropical oasis, away from the noise of Duval Street but we still offer easy transportation to nearby Smathers Beach with our complimentary shuttle service. You can also discover exciting onsite and offsite Key West watersports activities, with "Super Discounts" for our guests! Check out our specials page for Key West resort deals. Families love our four tropical swimming pools, sandy terraces and spacious accommodations. View the top reasons why families love Parrot Key Resort
Call 855-318-2766 to speak with our onsite vacation planners today and start planning your Key West family spring break.
Key West Weather
April is a majestic month to visit Key West. With an average high temperature of 82° F, guests take advantage of our complimentary beach shuttle service and flock to Smathers Beach. February, March and April have the lowest average rainfall of the year so expect sunny skies, warm temperatures and an occasional cool breeze.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|82° F (28° C)||72° F (22° C)||79° F (26° C)||1.8 inches (4.6cm)||7:45 p.m.|
What to Wear in April
Our clothing style throughout the year is "Keys Casual" and most restaurants do not require a dress code. Pack your summer gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, shorts and a light shirt, but keep in mind that evenings can still be occasionally cool in April so it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your wardrobe when needed. April can see higher temperatures than advertised so also bring light, cool clothing. Don't forget your sunglasses, aloe or after sun cream, sun screen and a hat to protect you against UV rays. For your convenience, a Walgreens store is located adjacent to Parrot Key Resort if you need any warm weather essentials.
Major April Events and Holidays in 2015
In April, enjoy a long weekend for Easter, a family spring break escape and more!
April Federal Holidays and Important Travel Dates
- April 5, 2015: Easter Sunday
- Early to Mid-April: Family Spring Break Holidays
Top Key West Events in April
- April TBC, 2015: Key West Fishing
- April 15-19, 2015: World Sailfish Championship
- April TBC, 2015: Conch Independence Celebration
- April TBC, 2015: Key West Sailfish
- April TBC, 2015: Conch Republic (The Musical)
Book Now: April Packages and Offers
- Key West Family Escape Package: Unwind with the family and enjoy a free DVD movie, pizza and a Key West Vacation Pass when booking a suite or villa.
- WaveRunner Package for Two: Book a suite and you can discover Key West by water with a thrilling WaveRunner tour, 28 miles around the island!
- Stay 3 Nights and Save More: Stay a minimum of three nights and save up to 10% off your visit at our luxury waterfront resort.
- Book in Advance and Save up to 15%: Save more when booking at least 7 days in advance at our Key West hotel. The earlier you book, the more you save!